Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Lemonade Mouth

8 stars
 Disney's latest movie, starring some familiar faces like Bridgit Mendler from Wizards of Waverly Place, Good Luck Charlie and Jonas, as well as Adam Hicks from Zeke and Luther, and Hayley Kiyoko from Wizards. The movie was directly released to DVD and was also screened on the Disney Channel  and Family Channel. After viewing the movie, I would have to say this by far one of the best movies Disney has done so far since the Lizzie McGuire Movie. Other Disney movies such as Camp Rock & Startstruck certainly don't measure up. I was first surprised by the plot itself and the characters. Each character had real life problems that weren't toned down and were relatable. The story presents ideal issues in the high school environment and what it feels like as a student to have your voices suppressed. Another reason why I applaud this movie is due to the climax and the denouement. Instead of making the band Lemonade Mouth win the Rising Star contest and ending the movie on a fairy tale note, the script goes beyond that and explored the major issue-The real reason for the band: to make the voices of students to be heard. The amount of work that went into the choreography and the soundtrack amazes me.  The band members truly delivered an exceptional performance, in particular in my favourite track "Determinate". That performance sequence was by far my favourite scene in the movie. I cannot get over how well the song was performed, in particular Adam Hicks rapping. I am definetly recommending this movie to others and would say this movie received 4 stars out of 5. Next- I'll be purchasing the soundtrack.