Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Limitless

6.5 stars

I had the pleasure of watching both Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Limitless about a week ago. I had never seen the first in the series of Diary of a Wimpy Kid, but found II: Rodrick Rules very entertaining. It showcased the ups and downs of a kid in elementary school and sibling rivalry. In short it was a great movie for the entire family to watch and I would rate it 3 stars out of 5.

 
8 stars
I had waited months to see Limitless, and was ecstatic once I got to see it. Like I expected I personally found it way better than Inception. The movie had me jumping a bit, and yelling at some of the characters for their stupidity, but also gave the audience a chance to ponder the events to come. I thoroughly enjoyed the plot and loved the ending even more. The beginning title sequence I found was very uncomfortable. The motion of the camera making you feel as if you were zooming through objects and locations was genius but nauseating. It was a unique way of depicting the main characters experience while taking NZT. I also liked how the beginning of the movie began with a scene from the ending of the movie. In general I thought the proper film effects were utilized in the film, and this is surely a film I would love to purchase on DVD. This film gets 4 out of 5 stars.