Wednesday, March 2, 2011

And the Oscar goes to...

Ultimate Fail.I was lucky enough to catch the opening of the Oscars yet alone the presenting of one. And one was all I had the time to see. That's right, the first Oscar goes to....Alice in Wonderland for Best Art Direction-an award well deserved. As I predicted, Black Swan would only leave with one Oscar, while the King's Speech and The Social Network dominated the scene. I ponder till this day why on earth did the King's Speech lead with the most Oscars-yet again I have yet to watch the movie, and perhaps my judgement will change once I do. I was rooting for Inception to win Best Original Score Music, and was dissapointed to see that The Social Network had stolen it beneath it's feet. Hands down, Inception should have won. Their winnings for Best Sound Editing and Mixing, just wasn't the same. Perhaps you beg to differ, but I feel like the King's Speech was another one of the English based films, like Young Victoria and The Queen-classics of boredom. I can never sit to watch any of them till the end, and doubt I will be able to do the same for the King's Speech. Well there you have it, another year gone by of Oscar Madness, can't wait to see what 2012 holds!